General perception amongst some percentage of the population notwithstanding, Kashmir is quite safe to travel for tourists. In fact, there is zero crime rate against tourists in Kashmir.
- Camping at Zanskar
- Safari at Dachigam National Park
- Gondola cable car ride
- Various treks
- Golf in Sringar, Pahalgam and Gulmarg
- Skiing, Snowboarding and Snowbiking in Gulmarg
- Mutton Rogan Josh
- Paneer Chaman
- Kashmiri Saag
- Chicken Pulao
- Kashmiri Rajma
- Dum Olav
- Kashmiri MujiGaad
- And of course the famous Kashmiri wazwan
Sevendays / six nights are sufficient to visit Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonmarg, Yousmarg, Dudhganga.
The best time to visit Kashmir is in the summer season, between the months of April and June. The temperature is mild, and there is a lot of greenery around with flowers in full bloom. But early Autumn and Winters have their own charm. The skyline turns crimson as the trees take on auburn hues in autumn and the snow turns the entire region into a fairyland.
The weather of Kashmir in winter blankets the region with a thick sheet of snow. This is between the months of December to February.
- Carry cold cream and lip guard in winter & sunscreen in summer
- Carry woolens in every season, and extra clothes in winters
- Carry a power bank, extra memory card and waterproof camera bag
- Carry Identity Proof (Original, No photocopies)
- Carry sufficient cash
- Carry post-paid sim only